Sunday, March 06, 2005

"Missing Mode" or Anti-social?

There is something about the loud silence in the air, the eerie lonely last night though I could hear whirring of vehicle, occasionally...I was on "missing mode". I missed everyone and everything...I missed my family-my mummy, my papa, my da jie, my er jie....I missed my friends in Malaysia, US, Australia, Singapore,
New Zealand...I missed my good old days in school...I missed my favourite food "Penang Laksa"...I missed my holidays in UK...and not to be left unmentioned...I missed my bro-in-law too!


"Kriing, kriing, kriing...I somehow turned a deaf ear to phone calls-something which I normally would pay attention to. I just felt so lonely yet so sweet to be locked up alone in my small, cosy room, enjoying a good book and ignoring the outside world...It has been ages since I last read a book (not textbook, of course)...no time? Nah, lame excuse with a capital 'L'! Not long before I actually realised..I dozed off...and woke up this morning feeling fresh and all those weird feelings were gone! Thanks Eng Hwa for your morning call from Iowa! Sometimes I just wish I could turn back time and that would definitely make a difference...

8 Comments:

Blogger enghwa said...

That sounds good, happy to hear that,:) and i went for a little road trip to Des Moines, Iowa today, trying to get away from my sadness about the bad news from Malaysia. I feel lot better now :)

3/06/2005 05:37:00 PM  
Blogger Raghuram said...

we all wish we were back at school... miss the time when our biggest worry was Ms. Lee Sim's reaction when checking our homework... used to have that class list at the front of the class with black marks beside our names.. i think i was the worst student in that class where homeowrk was concerned...haha

3/07/2005 01:58:00 AM  
Blogger Janetlee said...

haha raghu..reminiscence of da past?

3/07/2005 02:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes its good to have a lil privacy time for ourselves, its true that no man lives on an island but somehow, come to think of it.. we are having absolute freedom and nobody gives a damn of what we're up too. Its a good getaway for relaxation.. away from the hectic society..

~pUR3 shoR3s~
m3RVM@N

3/07/2005 08:46:00 AM  
Blogger pakguard said...

miss lee sim is a legacy on her own, in 10 years time, people will be reading stories filled with mind numbing and stomach upsetting homework-ridden stories to their children!

3/07/2005 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Janetlee said...

Daddy Chang..thanks for ur words of encouragement, but as usual..u r well-known for ur sarcasm too! ahha..neeway, i miss u both heaps..take care..

3/08/2005 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Janetlee said...

haha..is miss lee sim all dat bad? i dont agreeeeeee!!! she is very nice to me...talib is worse!

3/08/2005 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger pakguard said...

she's only nice to pretty girls/guys (and she loves to side the headmistress son, even when he stole lewis' $!! super beh syok him man) T_T talib is bad too~ comes to me as a racist guy... the only teacher i kinda liked was "mr.papaya-head" @K@ pious heng (pious, payas, dono how you spell it la) because he play$ game$, and teacher$ that play$ game$ are always good$

3/08/2005 08:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home










My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Russia

A final year medical student who has spent almost all her adolescent years in Moscow, Russian Federation. Happy-go-lucky, bubbly, friendly. Hostile when in bad mood or being irritated.