Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Eyes twitching

Ever find your eyelid twitches, kinda like in the freaky eyeglasses commercial where the eyes "talk"? Yeah, it's happening to me now. My left eyelid. Arghhh..it is really annoying and embarassing to have my eyes twitching, especially when in public or when someone stares into my eyes? Haha.. Hold it, left eyelid. Is it believed to bring good luck, or touch wood, the other way around? But screw it, screw the superstitious, non-scientific old ideas, just like the supersition handed down through the centuries that if you break a mirror, you will have 7 years of bad luck and those superstitious nonsense that 13 is an unlucky number and that walking under a ladder will bring bad luck kinda thing!

Oh well, eyes twiching is also known as blepharospasm, the scientific term that is. I learnt that it is due to involuntary muscles spasm related to fatigue and stress, too much of squinting and caffeine or even working under not so ideal lighting environment. Aiks, I seriously do not think that any of the above causes matches mine! Or perhaps one of them is actually true, but definitely not the stress part since I am in total stress-free state! Ouch, it's twitching again while I am typing this line! Really get on my nerves!! STOP!! Guess I better tuck myself in bed. Goodnight and hopefully I will be fine tomorrow morning. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home










My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Russia

A final year medical student who has spent almost all her adolescent years in Moscow, Russian Federation. Happy-go-lucky, bubbly, friendly. Hostile when in bad mood or being irritated.