Thursday, March 17, 2005

Valentine's gift, belaaaaaated one!

I have never cultivated the habit of checking my mailbox; perhaps I seldom receive conventional snail mails from my peers, now that email has "monopolized the postal service". Why the long wait when messages can be conveyed in just a few seconds? Furthermore, since the beginning of this academic year, I received less than 10 cards and letters and greeting cards contributed almost the bulk of them! Hence, I never bother to check out my mailbox till last night after Jackson came knocking at my room door, “Eh, Janet, do you know that you have a few parcel slips down there?” I was just too happy for words! I really love the feeling of receiving big boxes all wrapped up, not knowing what is inside. So, today immediately after hygiene class, our aunty tan ling tze and I made our way to the post office. You know lah, how much hassle an “aunty” will give when it comes to running after buses. Yes, that is life in Moscow, the never ending chasing after public buses while trekking through thick snow! We ran at a speed of 20km/hour for about 200metres, waving our hands madly, hoping that the bus driver could see us and halt the bus no 250. We somehow managed to board the bus and alighted from the bus the next stop. We both then marched into the post office. She queued to post a valentine’s gift to her significant other half while I collected a valentine’s gift! Such a belaaaaaaated one, haha! Damn, I was fined 7.1 rubles a day for the delay and I was late by more than a month! However, the old lady was rather kind and charged me (7X7.1) rubles instead. She is the second kind-hearted person I have encountered so far in Moscow…. Excitedly we both tore the 2-layers wrapper and this is what I got!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Big Nose Bear to add to my collection of soft toys

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a card!

Thank you, sender! *wink* =)

1 Comments:

Blogger enghwa said...

Happy that you like it.
Sorry for causing you all the hassle to go to the post office just to get it.:)anyway, take care

3/18/2005 04:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home










My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Russia

A final year medical student who has spent almost all her adolescent years in Moscow, Russian Federation. Happy-go-lucky, bubbly, friendly. Hostile when in bad mood or being irritated.